In-Person Worship Resumes May 9thApril 29, 2021 4:26 pm
On May 9th, 2021, Central will resume in-person worship. Please note that there are important requirements for attending in-person worship. For a full list of these, please view our Comeback Plan.
Only those feeling comfortable with in-person services should attend in-person worship. We will continue to Livestream worship on Facebook.
Unless they have been fully vaccinated, high-risk individuals (and/or caregivers of high-risk individuals) should consider staying home to enjoy our streamed worship services. Medical experts find those at highest risk for life-threatening illness from COVID-19 are:
- People 65 years and older;
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility; and
- People of all ages with underlying medical conditions.
What will happen when you arrive on Sunday
- From your car, into the church, and back out again, please maintain a six-foot separation from each person, unless you are an immediate family living together.
- Masks covering the nose and mouth must be worn at all times while in the building.
- If you arrive without a mask you will be provided one, if you do not want to wear a mask, we ask that you enjoy our Livestreaming or recorded worship from your home.
- Keep overcoats and wraps with you (don’t use the closet area).
- Do not congregate in the narthex (lobby) of the Sanctuary but rather move into the Sanctuary and prepare for worship.
- Offering baskets will be available at the entrance to our Sanctuary for those who wish to use them. Remember that you can always give electronically or by text.
- All items such as pencils, pew Bibles, pew hymnals, etc., have been removed from the pews to avoid cross-contamination. Feel free to bring your own Bible.
- Restrooms will be open, however, please limit the usage of our restrooms if possible.
- Please be respectful of others, maintaining social distancing, and depart immediately after the service.
- Please, no physical contact (hugging, handshaking, etc.)
- If you want to have an extended interaction with others, please do so outside, away from the building, continuing to observe Social Distancing.
- Please do not sing since it spreads particulates much like a cough or sneeze.
- No bulletins or handouts will be used during services, Please see them at waterfordcumc.org. If you print a bulletin to bring with you to worship, please take it home with you.
- No food will be distributed on Sunday morning before or after worship.
- No children’s Sunday school or nursery care will be available. Children must stay in the pews with their families during the entire worship service. Disposable worship bags for children will be available during worship in the Sanctuary.