Waterford Central COVID-19 ResponseJuly 7, 2020 11:44 am
CUMC’s Plan for Re-Opening the Building for In-Person Worship.
We Will Not Be Having In-Person Worship this Sunday (July 12th).
Sunday In-Person Worship Remains Canceled Until Further Notice. The Church Office and Building are Closed Except to Support Groups (AA, FA, NA).
Join Us at 10:30am on Facebook Live for Sunday Worship
- Go to Central’s Facebook Page at www.Facebook.com/waterfordcumc.
- Find the scheduled service and click the “Join” button, or in the left-most menu list, click “Videos” and click the video with the red “Live” button.
- You don’t need a Facebook account to watch (but you may have to put up with a few solicitations screens.)
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- After worship, please fill out the online attendance form to let us know you were in worship.
Status of Upcoming Events
Canceled or Postponed:
- In-person worship. We will continue to live stream worship.
- All in-building events and classes are canceled until further notice.
- Central’s spring rummage sale. A new date will be set once the shelter at home order has been lifted.
- Knight of North Castle VBS has been postponed until the summer of 2021.
Gatherings Happening Via Zoom Teleconferencing:
- Mom’s Connect. Contact Rainy Stephenson for the link to join.
- Small Groups, support groups, and outside groups. Most small groups have been canceled, but contact your group leader for more info.
Current Status of Events (last updated 7/7/20).
Stay Informed About COVID-19
In an effort to ensure our community has official information about COVID-19 (coronavirus), CUMC is posting the following official links in an effort to make it easier for you to find factual data about the virus and how to protect yourself. Also, please be aware that there is a lot of misinformation/false information being shared on social media. We advise you to get information about this virus only from official sources. Please be vigilant against probable scams that will arise. Never give out personal information or send funds, banking information or passwords to anyone, regardless of how authoritative they may seem. Reputable organizations DO NOT request personal information via phone, email or the Internet, and no healthcare agency will ever ask you for personal information via email. For official information on COVID-19, visit:
- Center for Disease Control: cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Michigan Department of Health: michigan.gov/coronavirus
- Oakland County Health Department: oakgov.com/health/information/covid-19/Pages/default.aspx