Volunteers Needed for Riverside Meet & GreetJuly 19, 2018 4:56 pm
August 29th, 4 pm – 6 pm
Central will be participating this year in a “meet & greet” for Riverside Elementary School families (formerly the Riverside Ice Cream Social). As in previous years, we will be collecting new and gently used children’s books to allow students to select 1-2 books to add to their home library. Central is planning several activities where volunteers are needed. Below are the activities and estimated number of volunteers. As you can see, there’s something for everyone!
- Summer reading book return table—up to four volunteers
- Free book table—up to three volunteers
- Listen to a child read a book—up to three volunteers
- Read a story to a child or small group of children—up to three volunteers
- Drawing table—help a child draw a picture related to a book they read during the summer—up to three volunteers
- Facilitate activity cards—one or two volunteers
- Run a game—we will have four simple games for kids and their families—between four and eight volunteers
- Face painting—up to four volunteers
- Help hand out Popsicles to students and families—up to four volunteers
Please put book donations in the bin in the Chapel hallway. If you would like to volunteer, please sign up outside the church office, using the form below, or contact Debra Hayden-Schmid at 248-705-8546 or Debra.firstname.lastname@example.org.