2018 Lenten & Easter ProgrammingJanuary 29, 2018 7:40 pm
Connecting with God: Faith Formation
Lenten Study: Gifts of the Dark Wood
Uncertain? Empty? Lost? It’s okay to feel awkward in your search for God. You’re not alone amid your holy mess. In fact, author Dr. Eric Elnes believes that uncertainty about your spiritual life can be one of your greatest assets because it is while we are unsure that we probe, question, and discover. You don’t need to be a saint or spiritual master to experience profound awakening and live with God’s presence and guidance. You need only wander. Books are available for purchase in the church office. Three study times are available:
- Thursday mornings at 10:30 with Rev. Kathy Pittenger, February 15th–March 22nd.
- Thursday evenings at 6:30 with Rev. Kathy Pittenger, February 15th–March 22nd.
- Sunday evenings at 7:30pm with Pastor Jack Mannschreck, February 18th–March 25th.
Lenten Devotional Series, Wednesdays @ Noon
All programs begin at 12pm and are followed at 12:30pm with a soup and sandwich luncheon.
A free will offering will be taken. Presented by the Waterford Ministerial Association.
February 21st led by Rev. Glenn Morrison
Community of Christ Church
1990 Crescent Lake Rd., Waterford
February 28th led by Rev. John Negele
Grace and Peace United Methodist Church
451 W. Kennett Rd., Pontiac
March 7th let by Rev. Carolyn Mobley
Canterbury-on-the-Lake Retirement Community
5601 Hatchery Rd., Waterford
March 14th led by Rev. Jack Mannschreck
Christ Lutheran Church
5987 Williams Lake Rd., Waterford
March 21st led by Rev. Beth Delaney
Bethel United Church of Christ
6650 Elizabeth Lake Rd., Waterford
Connecting with God: Lenten Worship Services
February 14th – Ash Wednesday
- Drive Thru Coffee & Ashes – 5:30am–9am. Time-challenged this Ash Wednesday? Come by Central between 5:30am and 9am to receive ashes and a complimentary cup of coffee. Open to everyone!
- Ashes will also be available in the Church Chapel from 9am–noon.
- 7pm Service of Ashes – Gifts of the Dark Wood—Where We Find Ourselves, by Pastor Jack Mannschreck.
Sunday Lenten Worship Services (8:30, 10 & 10:30am)
February 18th – First Sunday in Lent
- Scripture: I Corinthians 13:11-12
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Uncertainty
February 25th – Second Sunday in Lent
- Scripture: Luke 17:33
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Emptiness
March 4th – Third Sunday in Lent
- Scripture: Job 37:1-5
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Being Thunderstruck
March 11th – Fourth Sunday in Lent
- Scripture: Psalm 42; I Samuel 3
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Getting Lost
March 18th – Fifth Sunday in Lent
- Scripture: II Corinthians 5:16-19
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Temptation
Connecting with God: Holy Week Worship Services
March 25th – Palm Sunday
- Services at 8:30am, 10am and 10:30am.
- Message: Gifts of the Dark Wood—The Gift of Misfits by Pastor Jack Mannschreck.
March 29th – Maundy Thursday
- 7pm Service commemorating the Last Supper with Holy Communion. Led by Pastor Jack Mannschreck.
March 30th – Good Friday
- 12, 12:30 and 1pm – Community Worship Services at Central UMC.
- 7pm Service led by Pastor Jack Mannschreck.
April 1st – Easter Sunday
- Sunrise Service at 8:30am led by Youth
- 10am & 10:30am Worship Service
- 9–11am – Breakfast of pancakes, eggs, sausage and more!
- Message: Jesus is Risen! No Kidding!
Click here to download a PDF of Central’s Lenten and Holy Week Schedule.