- This event has passed.
Worship Service – Second Sunday in Advent – Facebook Live
December 6, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Travel Light – Letting Go of Distractions – Pastor Jack. Today as we continue to travel light, we will focus on letting go of distractions. Mary and Martha were sisters who welcomed Jesus into their home; Mary sat at the feet of Jesus to learn while Martha was busy being the “host with the most.” She angrily asked Jesus to tell Mary to get up and help – in other words, Mary wasn’t distracted as Martha was. As we are still relatively early into the season of Advent, we need to move toward getting rid of distractions and focus on what matters most at this time of year: the loving gift of Jesus The Christ and sharing that gift with family and friends.
- Linda Freeze & Jessica Riley
- Children’s Choirs (Children’s Cantata 12-9-2018)
Call-In to Hear Live Worship
You can now call in to listen to worship live. It’s simple.
- Call 888.958.7272
- When prompted, enter the access/meeting code 468808007
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s message notes.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.