- This event has passed.
August 22 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Life-Changing Decisions – Connect, Rev. Cora. While much of our society offers many ways in which to connect with others, we must ask ourselves whether or not these connections are meeting our needs. While “poverty” used to mean only one thing, sociologists are acknowledging at least three types of poverty: Material poverty (the lack of basic needs), Spiritual poverty (the lack of eternal meaning), and Relational poverty (the lack of intimate friendships). What lessons can we glean from the relationships within the early church? The scripture for this Sunday includes the unfortunate story of Ananias and Sapphira, who fell dead having not shared their income with the community. While we would not fall dead by failing to be in meaningful relationships within the church, we certainly suffer from a lack of meaningful relationships. God calls us to connect!
- Acts 4:32-5:10
- Joyful, Joyful – Alexis Miller & Anna Tompkins (5/13/2018)
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.