Fathers Day Worship Service
June 20 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- The Counter Culture Christian, Over the years some Hollywood types have observed that it ain’t easy being a Christian in Tinseltown. But – is it easy being a Christian anywhere? The text would suggest that signing up to follow Jesus could be hazardous to one’s career, not to speak of one’s health. But is the greatest apostle of the church – ever – asking us to log on for beatings, sleepless nights, and imprisonment? Yet, Paul says that with all of this, he and his companions have maintained their composure and have not compromised their principles, but have labored for the cause. “in purity, in understanding, patience, and kindness; in the Holy Spirit and in sincere love; in truthful speech and in the power of God.” Paul’s not asking the Corinthian church to sign up for beatings, imprisonment, and hunger. He’s asking them to sign up for reconciliation and love. Be reconciled to god, he says (chapter 5); open your hearts wide to us, he says (6:13)
- II Corinthians 6:1-13
- Younger Children’s Bulletin (3+ years)
- Older Children’s Bulletin (7+ years)
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s message notes.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.