- This event has passed.
Worship Service – Facebook Live
February 28 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
- Words to the Cross – A Late Word of Valor. Pilate knew Jesus to be innocent of the charges brought against Jesus; he even defended Jesus to a degree. He could have intervened on Jesus’ behalf, but fear, politics, and insecurity marked his interaction with the religious leaders of the day. His resolve to stand his ground in writing “Jesus of Nazarene, the King of the Jews” above Jesus’ head on the cross was late. It demonstrated a certain degree of courage, but he was late. How often have we stood mustered our courage and said what needed to be said, but were late in doing so? The old adage, “Better late than never” isn’t always true.
- John 19:1-22
- Chancel Choir (3/3/2019): In Dat Great Gittin’ Up Morning – Arr. Jester Hairston
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s message notes.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.