- This event has passed.
August 9, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Questions from God – What are You Doing Here? While the prophet, Elijah, ran from danger, he found himself stopping in a cave looking for God to speak to him. Directed by God, Elijah stood at the mouth of the cave and experienced a great wind, an earthquake, and a fire; but God did not speak to Elijah in any of those experiences, but rather in a quiet voice. However God speaks to us, there is tremendous opportunity in stopping to listen to God. Only until Elijah stopped running from his enemies was he able to hear God’s direction and guidance. When have you had a moment–perhaps when you were fearful or confused or harried by life–through which God spoke to you?
- I Kings 19:1-15a
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s message notes.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.