- This event has passed.
October 31 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Healthy Halloween, Pastor Jack Mannschreck. As Americans, we clearly like to be scared by horror movies. We also enjoy dressing up on Halloween and letting out our inner witch, vampire, or zombie. What’s going on with this? Should Christians be concerned that a pagan holiday has become big business in the United States, involving almost 70 percent of the population? What are the problems and the possibilities associated with this day of dressing up and trick-or-treating? How should followers of Christ respond to Halloween and celebrate this tradition in our families, communities, and the church? This message will present some ideas about remembering the origins of Halloween and a deeper appreciation of how it connects to our faith and life.
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring – Covenant Choir
Join Us Online!
- Click here to go directly to the Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online Connection Card (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close it and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- If you’re on the stream but don’t see the live video, just a black screen, wait a couple of minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back or refresh your browser.