- This event has passed.
Online Worship Service
May 17 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Building Worship Bridges Message Series
- The Right Passion – Pastor Jack Mannschreck preaching. There are ten perspectives that worship specialist, Cathy Townley, has developed to help people understand the necessity of changing worship if a local congregation wants their worship services to grow and be invitational to the wider community. The first two perspectives we’re examining today are 1) Jesus comes to me on the way to someone else and 2) the worship service is a gathering of disciples, both old and new. We will consider the Great Commission through which Jesus called his disciples to go out into the world – into all nations – baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. But that was not always the scope of Jesus’ ministry! In chapter 10 of Matthew’s Gospel, Jesus makes it clear that he has come for the lost sheep of Israel. Five chapters later, he is confronted by a Canaanite woman who asked Jesus to heal her daughter. Jesus’ response was less than kind when he repeats that he has come for the lost sheep of Israel. Her response was that even the dogs get to eat scraps under the table. There is a definite development in Matthew’s gospel that demonstrates Jesus’ growing understanding of his mission on earth so that by the end of the gospel, the mission and ministry of Jesus is for everyone! It’s not about creating a new worship experience, or getting the music right or having a young hip pastor at the pulpit. It’s about our passion that all people have access to the wholeness and salvation offered through Jesus the Christ!
- Philippians 2:4-11
- Matthew 28:16-20
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s Message Notes.
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the Following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.