- This event has passed.
Online Worship Service
May 24, 2020 @ 10:30 am - 11:30 am
Building Worship Bridges Message Series
- The Right Perspective – Pastor Jack Mannschreck. The three perspectives that we will consider this week are: 3) our church’s mission field is people we can realistically reach out to, who are in our church’s back yard, 4) it is easier to reach a new mission field that is already represented in your church, even if that representation is small and 5) every church has two categories of ministry: ministry WITH and ministry TO. We will look at the words of Jesus to the disciples as he casts a vision of outreach that begins with their own “backyard.” In Acts 1:8, Jesus promises his followers, “But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” It is always tempting to look at mission work as involving “far-away places with far-away people.” Jesus’ perspective is to begin with those who are close, and then move out further in the world.
- Acts 1:1-11
- Romans 15:7-13
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Click here to download Pastor Jack’s Message Notes.
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the Following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.