- This event has passed.
Good Friday Worship Service – Facebook live
April 2 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Words to the Cross – A Word of Courage, We will continue our Lenten Theme of Words to the Cross with a Good Friday message about Joseph of Arimathea. Joseph was the man who followed Jesus and took it upon himself to approach Pilate and ask for Jesus’ body so that Jesus could be buried with some dignity, It was a courageous word because to be a follower of Christ at that time was dangerous; after all, they had just crucified Jesus. Joseph was also wealthy and most probably well-known- in some Jerusalem circles. It was right that Jesus should be buried in Joseph’s tomb, because – theologically speaking – Jesus had died in Joseph’s place. The question for us on this Good Friday is how can we expect to embrace the risen Christ of Easter unless we embrace the broken body of Jesus on Good Friday.
- Mark 15:42-47
- Give Me Jesus – Arr. Moses Hogan – Kevin Naeve
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.