- This event has passed.
Ash Wednesday Worship Service – Facebook live
February 17 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Predictions: Problem or Promise? There has been a multitude of predictions over the years that have not come true. Many of those predictions have to do with the end of time, the apocalypse. It was, I believe, even in our scripture that the end of time would come quickly but here we are, a few millennia later still wondering when it will all end. If we consider carefully the words of the prophet Joel, we can turn our attention from outward predictions to the inner transformation of our lives. If Joel’s prediction for the day of the Lord motivates us to return, learn, gather and pray, it will be a good prediction. One that leads to real change in our lives, change for the better.
- Joel 2:1-2, 12-17
Join Us on Facebook Live!
- Click here to go directly to the Facebook Livestream.
- Hop on a few minutes early. If you’re having trouble, leave a comment and we’ll help out.
- Click here to download the Order of Worship.
- Let us know you worshiped by filling out the online attendance form (click here).
If You Have Streaming Issues (choppy, freezing, etc.), Check the following:
- Make sure that your internet isn’t being used for something else.
- Remember, if someone is watching Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, or another streaming video service, that is taking up your Internet bandwidth. Ditto if anyone in the household is streaming music from Spotify, YouTube, or a similar service.
- Your phone may also be using bandwidth if you’re logged into your home wireless network. And, if anyone is streaming video or music to a phone or tablet, that’s using your Internet bandwidth. If anyone is having a Zoom meeting, that is using your bandwidth.
- If you begin watching the stream and it freezes and doesn’t “catch up” in 30 seconds or so, close Facebook and re-join the stream. We’ve had folks report that this has solved their issue.
- A few of us have been “kicked off” of the Facebook stream for no apparent reason. If this happens, just go back and join in again.
- If you’re on Facebook but don’t see the live video, wait a few minutes. We start the live stream at 10:25, but there is about a 2-minute delay on the live video. If you’ve been waiting a while and still don’t see the live video, leave the page, then come back.